Seeing a relationship counsellor may sound like an admission of failure as far as some couples are concerned but the fact of the matter is that such counselling can be extremely helpful and effective. Rather than throwing away everything you have worked for over the years, it is surely worth approaching a local counsellor to see what kind of help they can offer. If you are still not sure whether it is the right thing for you to do, take a look at the 6 facts about relationship counselling below and you may find that you feel far more open to the idea of therapy.
Could Relationship Counselling in Toronto Work for You?
Check out the facts about counselling below and you will be in a better position to decide whether counselling is a viable option for you and your partner.
- Most Couples Are Happy with the Counselling They Receive – According to surveys conducted by professional associations in North America, the majority of couples who attend counselling sessions are satisfied with the service they receive from their counsellor.
- It Is Not as Intimidating as Some People Think – The majority of couples who have attended relationship counselling in Toronto and elsewhere say the process was far less intimidating than they had imagined it would be.
- When Couples Cooperate, Faster Progress Can Be Made – If your partner is debating as to whether or not they want to try couples therapy, they may be interested to learn that when couples cooperate, i.e. attend counselling sessions together, it is possible to make much faster progress than when only one person attends.
- It Does Not Have to Be Prohibitively Expensive – Although some therapists have been known to charge outrageous prices for their services, the majority of professionals who offer relationship counselling in Toronto charge reasonable fees. Therapy may also be covered by extended health insurance plans.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) is Very Effective – Studies have shown EFT to be one of the most effective forms of therapy so it is worth finding an experienced counsellor who specializes in this approach.
- Seeking Help Sooner Rather Than Later is Best – Most therapists agree that the earlier a couple seeks outside help, the better the chances of them being able to work through their problems and go on to enjoy a happy life together.
If you would like to try a counselling session with an empathetic, professional, and experienced therapist, please do not hesitate to call us at 647-295-5935. Whatever problems you and your partner may be dealing with, you can rest assured that we have almost certainly helped other couples in a similar situation before.